I gotta vent somewhere.

WickedNET National Major League Association of Sports
-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

I gotta vent somewhere.

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:47 pm

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANKINGS.

I'm so sick of USC being overrated. They lost to an unranked team yet they are up there in the number 4 spot? While LSU is down at number nine with their only loss being to number one ranked Florida!!! Not to mention they beat Washington at Washington. Yes the same Washington that beat USC. Not to mention USC had to hang on in the final minutes to keep the lead against ND (whom I am convinced got back in the rankings just so USC could have another ranked team win under their belt). Ok first vent done.

WTF Oklahoma STILL FREAKING RANKED AT ALL!#@$!#@#$@ Sure they are 25th but for shits sake they are 3-3. Granted their schedule is one of the harder ones in college football this year, but come on!! They have 3 wins all against SHIT TEAMS. One of which doesn't have a win at all this year. Their three losses were all to ranked teams 20,17, and 3. Obvioulsy they can't beat the ranked teams and they can only beat SHIT teams why the FUCK do they get to have three losses and remain in the top 25. Hell Michigan has 2 losses but at least they have beaten a ranked opponent. Why aren't they in the top 25. Im so sick of the ranking body. They need ot pull their heads out of their asses.

Rush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: I gotta vent somewhere.

Postby Rush on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:56 am

Exactly!

USC lost to unranked Washington at home. Miami lost to ranked VT away. Both have beaten 3 ranked teams but the ranked teams that Miami has beaten have been higher ranked than the ranked teams USC has beaten. Go figure.

Oaklahoma is 3-3 they shouldn't be in the top 25 period.

Favoritism shows up in college football way to much. Just look at the Florida game. That article doesn't even mention the two bogus 15 yard penalties that put UF in field goal range.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:11 am

i gave up caring about rankings and championships in college football a long time ago. i'm basically a scout for the nfl now lol.

Stealth Assassin405

Postby Stealth Assassin405 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 pm

What they need to do is a playoff format. Top 4 ranking teams getting a shot at the title. #1 seed vs #4 seed #2 vs #3 etc.

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:14 pm

USC and OU actually play real football teams instead of scheduling DIIA teams and creampuffs like everyone else. Name a team other than USC that would schedule AT OSU and AT Notre Dame AND have it be out of conference, AND across the country. So they lost 1 game, it was to a division opponent and they had injuries. I'd still Rank USC and OU at the top just for not being pussies and playing to the strengths of the BCS system like everyone else.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:57 am

Good job on not addressing one valid point we raised.

How can you justify LSU being ranked lower than USC? There is absolutely NO justification for it. SEC is tougher than PAC 10. LSU beat the team the beat USC, and LSU's only loss is to the #1 team in the country. By a rather narrow margin. Do I think LSU has a great football team this year, not so much, but if fair is fair, they should be ranked higher than USC. Who knows they could end up playing each other in a BCS game ... that would rock. Finally get someone that can spank USC like the shitty team they are.

Likewise. OU scheduled ranked opponents....who BEAT them. Notice they lost to every ranked opponent they played. I'm sorry you don't get points for losing. Hell if that were the case all you would have to do is schedule every out of conference game to either USC, Ohio State, Florida, or Texas. They're guaranteed to be ranked every year. Who cares if you lose at least you scheduled them right?

Rush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Rush on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:47 pm

top 4 playoff format would be ideal, 8 seems like a waste of a game but you never know

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:28 am

ws dont even need that. just a plus one would be fine.

3s.WyldGoat

Postby 3s.WyldGoat on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:19 am

Just start watching hockey. It fixes all problems :)

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:54 pm

A playoff system would be great. And the more teams the better.

Return to Sports