How you guys been?

Wickeds keyboard of the mighty which grants +4 to typing speed
MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:14 am

is it lvl 1 or max lvl....cause i think i should play a character with that name from lvl 1 :P

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:14 am

oh i forgot... <3

thx man

James

Postby James on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:31 pm

Hey droog,

Im still playing with Delurn my warrior cow. Currently lvl 55 trying to hit that raid status.

kelston

Postby kelston on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:45 am

Raiding kills you. Though that's probably the problem with MMOs in general cause no one has balanced it yet.

Once you hit 60, you think you want to raid and it'll be fun. I've been raiding since like June or July of 05, I just quit the raid team 2 days ago and told my class lead to eat a fucking dick. It wasn't a "I'm not getting loot" thing either, since i'm 4 items away from having the best gear you could get as a Hunter. -> http://ctprofiles.net/53853

Raiding sucks ass. It's not fun if you're in a premiere guild for your server (like mine is) where you're wiping 10000 times to figure out how to kill a boss. And it's not fun doing the boss the 5000th time after you already figured out how to kill him. I think it's only fun the first time you actually kill him and everything else sucks ass.

Getting to 60 was too easy so you got there and had nothing left to do.

I want to buy a MMO that made it take reasonably long to max your level (like not retardedly long like FFXI or EQ/EQ2 or retardedly short like WoW) with a development team that can actually make fun raids rather than, here's your epic gear, now don't wear it because this boss needs 100000 resists.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:08 pm

if they made the pve just a more damage game vs a resist game it would be just as lame.

id like to see "epic" 5 man or 10 man duegeons basically

crazy hard to do but not 40 man

Mahony

Postby Mahony on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:20 pm

Yeah left again, was at 60 doing the battlegrouds, alone. Tried to do the hole raid thing but 40 people ...just to many, I cant stand majority of the people when its 10 man groups. Was fun when the guild was up.

Oh and that "perfect" game needs to have all lvls able to play together in pve some how. Always sucks logging on to see everyone that is on are to high or low. Looking forward to some new games, if anyone finds anything, POST.

kelston

Postby kelston on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:00 am

MaDSpartus wrote:if they made the pve just a more damage game vs a resist game it would be just as lame.

id like to see "epic" 5 man or 10 man duegeons basically

crazy hard to do but not 40 man

Not really. I wasn't looking at more damage.

There are several fights in the game that have pretty neat mechanics that could be utilized as a raid level boss fight, I don't know why they threw it on something dumb instead.

Hakkar (ZG not Sunken Temple) was and still is an interesting fight where you did damage indirectly and your goal was to take a debuff that dealt you damage.

High Priest Thekal in ZG as well is a fun fight where to fight him in tiger form you had to kill him and the two adds nearly simultaneously. In fact, a lot of why ZG is so fun is because the fights require skill rather than luck.

I thought Majordomo/Majorhomo's fight was pretty cool as well having to kill the mobs in a specific order.

Nefarian fight is cool having to deal with a zerg, class call outs that exploit your weaknesses, and then having to do both at the same time.

I don't see how these fights are boring or stupid.

But compare it to the Viscidus (optional boss in AQ40) fight or the Princess Huhuran fight.

If you've never been there:

Princess Huhuran at 30% health spams a poison bolt at everyone every 2 seconds. So you're relying more on your people getting lucky crits to get her down in your shitty Maraudon gear than actually handling her.

Viscidus has the same spamming the raid with nature damage while being 90% resistant to all forms of damage. And then splitting into 20 slime blobs that heals himself. Death and Taxes on Shattered Hand spent like 5000g+ on consumables to kill him for shitty loot and proceeded to post a rant about how stupid Tigole and the raid content design team is.

Give us fights like Razorgore (before Razorgore's phase 1 was nerfed into stupidity so any dumbass guild could kill him) where you had phase 1 where your raid group had to think on the fly and adapt constantly or get owned even in your best gear.

What the hell do I have full epics for if all I can do with them is stand in Ironforge because I need to wear my real leet Noxxion trinkets and my leather shoulders from Razorlash?

kelston

Postby kelston on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:02 am

Mahony wrote:Oh and that "perfect" game needs to have all lvls able to play together in pve some how. Always sucks logging on to see everyone that is on are to high or low. Looking forward to some new games, if anyone finds anything, POST.

One game does that.

City of Heroes/City of Villains. It has a Sidekick/Exemplar system where it either lowered your level to your buddy's level or raised him to your level so you could do shit.

Only problem with CoH/CoV is that once you max out there's nothing to do because there are no raids. No real instances. There's not even any real loot in the game. But fun if you do it casually.

Previous

Return to MMORPGs