Skitzofrenix

Guild Wars

Postby Skitzofrenix on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:31 pm

Anyone be playing this? :X

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:30 pm

No, I just keep hearing too many turnoffs about it. Every mission in the game in instanced, so you never get to meet anyone outside of town. Then the towns have districts, so you have to join the same district your buddy is in just to meet him. There's invisible walls, and the game is somewhat linear outside of town. Doesn't seem like an MMO at all to me, just an ORPG. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ruskin
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Ruskin on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:51 pm

just get WoW :)

James

Postby James on Mon May 02, 2005 10:52 am

Ruskin wrote:just get WoW :)

agreed

LinKin

Postby LinKin on Sun May 08, 2005 3:33 pm

I've been playing GW for about 3 days now and I love it. If you get the chance try it. I used to play w0w also so I was hesitant to try it because I thought wow was where it was at. Seriously man.. don't knock this til you try it.

kelston

Postby kelston on Tue May 10, 2005 7:52 am

I have it, tried it and came to one conclusion.

It's successful because it's "not WoW". Just like Shadowbane, DAoC, Anarchy Online... those were successful for a short time because they were "not EverQuest".

GuildWars is pretty, has a couple of gimmicks, but in the end, it's sort of a one time deal. The whole finding your friends thing is hands down the biggest issue I have with it. What's the point of playing an online game with friends if you have to jump through hoops to play with them?

LinKin

Postby LinKin on Tue May 10, 2005 4:09 pm

I guess it's just D2 rubbin off on me, but I like it.
I think its capped at 20 since the game is pretty new early on.
They should update... hopefully.

Mahony

Postby Mahony on Tue May 10, 2005 9:30 pm

Tried the Beta weekends. Got bored of it after the third run.

Couldnt jump
Cant run where you please.
This was my main PVE dislikes

PVP
Getting blocked by all players while tring to melee. Hitting attack and guess what, my toon is standing still doing nothing. Having to move my guy in circles untill I can find and angle to attack. By then my team is dead and I am going down quickly.

Was pretty though, funny hope much hype this is getting. Well see how long it lasts with a lvl cap at 20 which takes a total of two days to reach.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:11 pm

Holy thread resurrection, batman!

I have been thoroughly addicted to this game. I tried playing 9 months ago, and had some of the problems here ppl are complaining about, but I recently started playing again and I think it is great now. Maybe all the updates made it better, or maybe I just understand the game mechanics better now. I also think that this game has gotten more popular too, so they must be doing something right.

I love how you can re-allocate your skills and attributes (unlike diablo). No more worrying if you screwed up your character, because you can just go back and change it. No monthly fees, and the graphics are great.

LinKin wrote:I guess it's just D2 rubbin off on me, but I like it.
I think its capped at 20 since the game is pretty new early on.
They should update... hopefully.

That was one of the big turn offs for me too at first, but now I understand it. They don't want to you to get too powerful, because a ton of the game is designed for after you reach lvl 20. If they let you keep leveling up, you would find the game boring because it wouldn't be a challenge. This also makes the game alot less linear (which isn't as much of a problem that someone said before), as everywhere you go from there on out is not overly easy, but not an insurmountable challenge.

Anyone else still play?

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:50 am

Been playing this a lot lately.
I tried it out on a firends account about a year ago and didn't like it right off, but recently Kode and some other friends have been playing and I got a copy for X-mas, so I started playing again, enjoying it so far. At least it has free online play, thats a big plus in my book, these damn games keep coming out, charging for online play PLUS the cost of the game, then they'll inevitably release new expansions that you have to buy again because noow what you payed for is crap vs what the new expansion people have, Guild Wars is doing expansions too, but at least they only expect you to buy the game, not rent time to play it after you own it.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:44 am

i tried it and didnt like it.

I did try a free MMO called rappelz though and i liked that. got to lvl 30 or so which is a descent chunk of time.

Rappelz has open world not instanced...the major flaw in GWs. Its got a descent selection of character classes, and open world pvp when you can attack anyone, but a good system in place to prevent it from happening excessively (or play pve server).

Rappelz has issues, mostly economic ones. It mixes some real cash in with play money you collect, basically they sell some stuff on the website for cash. its all gear that gives faster experience gathering, not power, so its not broken. The other issues is the buy sell system. Everyone is out to rip off a noob.

I stopped playing as i got a little busy, but ill likely go back. Oh and it also only works on 32bit windows, just a warning.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:37 pm

I have played GW alot in the last 5 months. I beat prophecies, and factions just maybe a month ago, but I haven't played it too much since then. I'll try to log on more often to see if I can catch you on.

ElPresidente
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby ElPresidente on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:30 pm

if Darkfall pans out you fuckers need to play it with me.

damn it.

hell, i'll even spring for a month's worth for you. *

* offer applies to mojo, sparty, tyrant and rusky only **
** because they give good head

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:57 pm

i accept *

* giving you head

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:59 pm

Damn, you're gonna get me hooked to these "pay every month" RPGs. That offer might be hard to refuse though :o

/has sparty give you more head 8===D~~~ O^8

Next

Return to MMORPGs