Tabula Rasa

Wickeds keyboard of the mighty which grants +4 to typing speed
-]corrupt[- Lexon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tabula Rasa

Postby -]corrupt[- Lexon on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm in the beta right now, quite fun, its more action in an mmorpg than i've seen in a long ass time. Go get the pre-order, i'll inform more as i go along.

Cane

Re: Tabula Rasa

Postby Cane on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:51 pm

As much as I am about trying new MMO's (I beta'd Everquest for crying outloud..) This game just doesn't seem to cut it. It's way to futuritstic, and it's made by NC Soft which means grind levels longer than your mother can cut it. It also means that Korean's will dominate the game, and will also farm the living SHIT out of the gold, so finding mobs in any degree will be a difficult standard.

You want a real game to Beta? Go try Age of Conan. You control the combat, that alone is ownage.

kelston

Postby kelston on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:12 am

It might be published by NCSoft but it's being designed by Richard Garriott (the guy behind Ultima). Maybe he can balance it out.

But Age of Conan sounded cool up until that part where you have to manually control every god damned attack. That would be cool... for the first 5 minutes. It would be like playing Street Fighter except you have to do it 10 hours straight everyday for a year to level your guy.

Cane

Postby Cane on Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:44 am

You have the option. So I'm sure most people will do what most people would. Do auto attack for the dumb and easy shit, and turn on manual attacks for the bosses/named.

kelston

Postby kelston on Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:36 am

The option is still just not cool. The idea sounds cool. It sounds cool on paper.

And then you realize it's not cool because people will just buy G15s or use scripting programs to own you because a keyboard macro chains faster than you ever could. And even if it was somehow prevented, i'm not playing a game to give myself carpal tunnel to kill a boss.

Cane

Postby Cane on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:15 pm

Hehe, it's not really going to be that difficult, and I'll beat any macro anyday :) Did it in EQ2 when I was the top notch Berserker, and I did it in WoW when they were first introduced. Werd.

Audric

Postby Audric on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:52 am

Cane wrote:Hehe, it's not really going to be that difficult, and I'll beat any macro anyday :)

No, you won't. I don't think anyone thinks it will be difficult, it's just not a mechanic you build a game around that is looking to have about a 3-5 year span. It's going to get old quickly.

Return to MMORPGs