LOTRO

Wickeds keyboard of the mighty which grants +4 to typing speed
Audric

LOTRO

Postby Audric on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Anyone trying the open beta for Lord of the Rings Online? I feel like messing around with it for the 2 weeks it's free. My chump character is wondering around Bree on the Landroval server if anyone else wants to see what's its like.

It's a lot like WoW, but I only have a day in it and I haven't touched WoW in about 2 years so it's a good time so far.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:37 pm

wednesday, ill see you wednesday

Azriel

Postby Azriel on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:03 pm

linkydink?

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:03 pm

Do they have second breakfast?

Stealth Assassin405

Postby Stealth Assassin405 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 pm

played it 2 days ago. very very laggy on the servers. graphics is on par with WoW. alot of game play details and more complicated compared to Wow. thats based on 30 mins of game play.

Audric

Postby Audric on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:55 pm

Sorry for the rushed first post, I realize it's a bit lacking with the info. You can download the game here. Click on join the world tour to get a Product Key instantly mailed to you, and then go the mainsite for the game dowload, it's not too difficutly to go through the hoops.

The server I've been playing on so far (Landroval) has performed flawlessly and the graphics are vastly superior over WoW. Just looking at the reflection in water will show you how much better this game looks.

It does play a lot like WoW though. Turbine took some of the good mods from WoW and slapped them into this UI so it's pretty respectable right off the bat. And everything is named like it belongs in LotR. Guilds are Kinships, partys/groups are fellowships, and raids are, well, raids still.

I have never really got hooked on an mmo before so take whatever I say with a grain a salt. I just figured it would be fun to kick around in for a week or so and all the Tolkien lore dropped in the game is really fun for now.

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:54 pm

This game isn't even trying to do something different. If it wasn't for the fact that it LotR no one would be playing. I'm seriously trying to find the fun in this game, but I know I won't be playing after the open beta is over. I'm only playing now to just see the world.

And, the servers I've played on have been perfect so far. Too bad my comp can't take the setting over med/low, but I've seen it run on high+ and its way better than WoW.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 am

heh wow, its exactly like WoW

i played a couple hours. got a few lvls onto a guardian (tank) and a Lore-Wsomething (not a mage)

after playing the LW for a few levels i really realized it really a lot of staff hacking, then i go check the forums and people are like...there is no mage class, there is a cleric like class, and the LW is just debuff and crowd control.

for the first time ever sparty will play a game not as a mage (heh for wow i played in order, a mage, a warlock, and a priest) i always find spellcasters the most dynamic for abilities, and therefore usually the most fun. being the highest DPS doesnt matter to me, but i'd prefer not to play a gimp damage class (druid 2 years ago on WoW)

so yeah, i read up on the other classes and heard people saying the guardian is really dynamic cause it has lots of shield abilities and actually fights using its shield, rather than just having more armour because of it, so i created that next and i'm rather enjoying it, although i can tell im not used to it. Ill stand like 30 yards away and click abilities and realize i'm out of range, heh i'm never used to just walking up to a mob, every mob ive ever fought was half dead by the time it ran up to me :P hehe now i just walk up to it and swing.

anyways ill give it some more time, see if i like it.

btw audric im on Landroval too "wickedspartus"

Return to MMORPGs