Lan Essentials

Discussion of all events in here
GameWarrior

Lan Essentials

Postby GameWarrior on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:05 pm

There are a few essentials you should be bringing with you when you come to the lan. Everyone knows to bring their computers and what not, but its the little things everyone forgets. So here is a list.

Hubs (if you don't have one..dont worry)
Extension Cords (must have)
Power Block (recommended)
CAT5 (can always use extra cat5)

Personal things like the following.
Pillow
Sleeping bag/Air mattress
(walmart has a combo sleeping bag/air mattress for cheat)
Changes of clothes.
DEODORANT (MUST HAVE YOU STINKY BASTIDS)
Toothbrush/Toothpaste/Mouthwash (dont forget)
Money for food/drinks/etc.

If you have some good dvd movies..bring them..we always have a couple tvs set up...for console gaming and watching movies. There is a shower stall in each of the private bathrooms. No guarantee the water will be hot...but if you use these..bring yourself some flip-flops to keep your feet safe from other peoples feet.

If you like to fish, bring a fishing pole. If you plan to go to the beaches, bring your own beach stuff..ie towels.

Now a short list of what not to bring.

Weapons of ANY kind. no guns, knives, maglites (heheh) or other weapons.

Hard booze is also not allowed. Wine coolers, beer, etc are allowed by 21+ or older. Bottles of whiskey, run, vodka and the like are not allowed.

Drugs. Don't bring Xtacy, cocaine, herion, acid, shrooms or other such narcotics. Hootch will kick your ass.

Hookers and Pimps. Goes without saying. :)))

Animals. There are only 2 animals ever allowed at my lan parties. Hootch, the official lan dog, and Celi's bird Emma are the only ones allowed.

I think that pretty much covers it. Remember its getting close to lan time. August 8th thru the 10th. :)) WOOOOOOOTTTT!

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Lan Essentials

Postby mantronic on Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:13 pm

GameWarrior wrote:
Hard booze is also not allowed. Wine coolers, beer, etc are allowed by 21+ or older. Bottles of whiskey, run, vodka and the like are not allowed.

dude thats fucked up for our crown people

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:38 pm

This is worth a thumb-tac

Alki
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Alki on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:56 pm

No liquor? ... how can this be .. It's suppose to be a mini-vacation for me ... can we have a vote please GW ...

The ones that get out of hand authorize us all to kick their asses if necessary.

-Phatz-
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -Phatz- on Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:45 pm

that kills off dtct

haha damn

rope still coming?

that booz thing might send him over the edge ;)

Toede

Postby Toede on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 pm

well it could be possibly that you can easly sneak a minor a jack and coke instead of a beer can. if anybody comes in and sees that, its not the image we want to promote...

then again, some people get really roudy on liqour(not me, im a lover not a fighter) and it could be for crowd control... then again, hes got that big guy with long hair and hooch if anybody decides to get stupid... =)

flasks are you best friend.

GameWarrior

Postby GameWarrior on Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:24 pm

Holy Shit boys..put down the bottle lol.

I think I have posted similiar every year. You know what is or isn't allowed. You don't advertise it.....understand????

As far as I am concerned, Ive never seen anything other than beer and bawls at the lan parties. Hell, as far as I can tell, nobody who comes to my lans likes to drink, officer. They all just a bunch of harmless computer geeks. lol

I think you get the drift now.

Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Rope on Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:00 pm

Rope regains conciousness...

Holy SH*T Dan: Don't you EVER do that to me!

I read the part about the drinks and I passed out for about 2 minutes.
Now that I am gainfully employed this is MY vacation and OH YES, I will partake in what is MINE!.. uhh.. soda and uhh.. water.. yeah ;)

OK, now that I have blood back to my brain, I have one comment. Please don't let HUBS into the situation. They cause so much damn packet loss it's rediculous. They are like LAN viruses. One hits the switch and it's broadcast storm galore.

I have at least 3-16 port 3Com Switches I can bring to daisy up. No fiber uplinks, but they have 100Base-T uplinks and 10BT ports, so I would much rather use those than have a hub there.
Just my .02 cents.

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:09 pm

I'm gonna do my best to bring a 3COM Superstack 24 port from work. It's pretty much a sure thing. Oh yeah, and of course my trusty crimper, SO PEOPLE CAN MAKE THEIR OWN DAMN CABLES! I'm gonna print out the wiring diagram 10 FEET TALL, SO ALL NOOBS CAN READ! ahem.

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:11 pm

[ img ]

[ img ]

and the Lord said "let there be be crimping!"

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:20 pm

i am going to try and get there early on friday so that i can actually be to a lan on time for a change aug 8 hmm.

Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

I'm leaving whenever we can get a caravan together. More fun to drive with a group. Lemme know when you're going.

mantronic
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby mantronic on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:57 pm

i am thinking of getting out of miami no later than 2:30, hopefully i can start my run at 2, if thats 2 early let me know i just dont want to catch traffic on a friday.

Rope
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Rope on Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:49 am

Thanks Glitch!
Gawd I printed that off of Linkysys' site liek 3 years ago and haven't seen it since..

Ahh the memories...

I think we should have one Gigabit switch and sell the ports to "VIP's" (read: noobs) and promise better pings :-D

I'm taking Friday off work Eddy so I can meet you whenever and we can get this thing running.

Router

Postby Router on Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:58 am

IF my communist employeers will allow me to come I will bringing my 3com Superstack II Switch 1000 24 port 3C1690, crossover cable and some cat5e!
Last edited by Router on Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to LAN Parties