CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)

The game that started it all
HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)

Postby HangOver on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:46 am

nda is being lifted later today and supposedly the news will start flooding out about this. supposed to be a true sequel to cs1.6 ...

not sure how i feel about this but we'll see.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)

Postby zel on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:54 am

I'm all for a new CS as long as it's not consolized, you know, regenerating health and all that crap i hate.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 pm

from what i've read there is a HEAVY emphasis on competitive play 5v5. i'm thinking this isn't gonna make a console appearance at all. another thing i read is old-school aiming. no iron sights. not sure i like that ...

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Ehh, it never really bothered me. As long as they dont add regenerative health and make it 3rd person i'm good. Ohh yea, and a delay when you hit melee. BF:BC2 has a HORRIBLE delay in freaking EVERYTHING to make it more "realistic".... so you have to knife early and crap and throw your nade early... bleh.... i've hit my nade like a half second before i get shot dead and it didn't come out because it took too long to throw.

But i think a new CS would be nice. Some new maps too, i am so sick and tired of dust/dust2.

[GWR]Droogan

zel wrote:But i think a new CS would be nice. Some new maps too, i am so sick and tired of dust/dust2.

You know if this does come out it will be a few mere hours before the 24/7/365 Dust/Dust2 servers go online. :)

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

i read that the old favorites will be "updated" and included. heh.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Oh FFS! fucking 10 years later we're still playing dust/dust2??

You know thats what really killed it for me, after the millionth round on dust/dust2/italy i just thought, hmmm, a change of scenery would be nice :P

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

what they need to do is have levels/maps that are randomly generated. routes and objective sites change every round. or at least every map cycle. that would be so awesome.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

ugh. ps3 and xbox360.

VALVE ANNOUNCES COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE (CS: GO)

Next Gen Console, PC, and Mac Release Targeted for Early 2012

August 13, 2011 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi, VP of Marketing at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.

For more information, please visit http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:43 pm

ya... well i understand the need for more revenue i suppose but damnit CS was like the last bastion of pc goodness left, now its getting the console job bleh.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

hang has been talking about that system for maps since like 2001 at least haha

it's funny how zel is like what finally killed it for me is this.... you mean after playing for like a decade?
i don't even think they expected anyone to want to play that long. it's amazing that it kept our interest
that long. the reality is that the people kept me there mostly, once our people started moving on it just
wasn't the same.

as of right now i almost only play LoL and that's because i get to play with a bunch of people i know.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:25 am

Ya, but they put out how many updates to CS without any new maps is what I mean. The retail version hit, added a few things like the riot shield and i played a little bit more but gave up on it, no new maps. Same thing with the source version, looked nicer, maps were much nicer, but I still gave up on it pretty fast, no new maps. I moved on a long time ago, too many new games. I never expected it to last forever but I did expect the updated versions to add something new other than just old CS on new engine. Or at least to have a new CS version with new maps a long time ago, or an official map pack at some point. SOMETHING you know? Valve bought the IP and just shelved it for all this time.

Thats all I'm tryin to say, I'd love to see a new one, but fuck the old levels.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:45 pm

gun game now included with cs:go! called "arsenal" mode.

http://www.gamersmint.com/arsenal-mode- ... -offensive

[Creep]-Tyrant

At least Valve still lets the community make mods and create their own maps, despite the popularity of some really shitty maps I am a big fan of allowing community development, Cs would have been truly dead and gone within the first couple years were it not for the community additions to the game. Nice to see they've kept true to that standard, and even incorporate some of them into the game as a product.

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Ya thats one of my favorite things about CS, the community work. I remember replacing the gun models with better looking ones and all that.

Theres a few games I wish had community modding support, like BFBC2, i love the gameplay but i get tired of the same maps over and over theres only like 3 maps that are popular.

Next

Return to Counter-Strike