CS :: SOURCE

The game that started it all
Alki
Elite Member
Elite Member

CS :: SOURCE

Postby Alki on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:52 pm

It was fun playing yesterday ... been a while but always a pleasure .. mayb we can assign a game night and get some more people playing again.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CS :: SOURCE

Postby buzz on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:13 pm

We should get a server going again! =O

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:44 pm

for the first time in a long time i played for more than 15mins before being bored to tears haha, it was fun as hell

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:45 pm

buzz wrote:We should get a server going again! =O

hehe.

cs is pretty much dead for me. i enjoy CoD4 so much more. i wouldn't mind having a gaming night where we can all play CoD4 :D

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:48 pm

/me bows head and sheepishly admits he reactivated his WoW account a month ago.

3s.WyldGoat

Postby 3s.WyldGoat on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:27 am

I turned off my WoW account a few months back... when's the new expansion coming out? I gota hit lvl 70 before!! :P

I also started playing CS:S too at the same time.. been kicking butt and getting banned baby :) Haven't lost my touch, even when it's a completely new game!

Azriel

Postby Azriel on Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:52 pm

expansion comes out in November i believe.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:50 pm

I wish I had a rig that would run CoD4, for that matter I wish is would run Source with decent FPS, but still need video card, and right now I am waiting to start work in February (finally found a job after almost a year) so I can start saving to rent my own place again. Right now I could play Insurgency or Source but only maybe one night a week when I go to my brother's house because the connection I am stealing from here sucks.

I don't know when I get my own place if I will be able to afford to save any money or not, but hopefully I can budget something out to save toward building a new rig, or at the very least getting a decent video card for this, the 7600's are getting pretty cheap now so maybe that would be the cheapest/best move to make my rig game worthy again.

For the moment I'm stuck, still using this fx5700/le which blows chunks, it might have been a good video card in 1942 (I doubt it) but it's absolutely crap these days.

I would love to play with you folks again though, I miss those long nights we had.

As for Wow, I don't think I will ever reactivate my account, I got bored with that game very quickly, the only real fun was the battlegrounds, otherwise the game itself is just the same thing over and over again and I'm not gonna spend forever farming Heroic gear. I still stand by Anarchy Online, IMHO it's a much better game even though the graphics engine is dated and doesn't look as pretty as WoW, but Funcom is releasing a brand new engine soon that will change that drastically, finally taking advantage of the GPU and not relying so heavily on CPU strength for rendering. I saw a preview vid of the Alpha still in development, basically the difference is like the difference between what 1.5 CS looks like compared to Source (yes 1.5 not 1.6, maybe even 1.3 would be more appropriate comparison.) So I am anxiously awaiting the release of that engine, but overall the game is still so much more immense than WoW and character creation/customization is vastly superior, plus they added another method of PvP last year that is similar to the battlegrounds in WoW, a ton of new quests and equipment so even the highest level players have something new to do again.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:57 pm

tyrant does your mobo have a pci-e slot?

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:53 pm

No it's AGP 8x

it's an Abit Av8, socket 939

This is the same board I have trouble with ATI cards, I have borrowed and tried numerous ATI cards and none will work on this board, so far ONLY Nvidia cards seem to work.
The Mobo was originally an Alienware Mobo with a custom/modified BIOS, because of various issues I reverted the BIOS to the ABIT version instead of the Alienware BIOS which seemed to fix most of the weird problems, in fact only 2 problems remain, 1 is that for some reason POST reports that it has IDE channels 1 Master/Slave, IDE 2 channels Master/Slave AND IDE 3 channels Master/Slave. Obviously it does not actually have a 3rd IDE channel in reality, but since that quirk doesn't cause me any problems I don't really care about it. The other problem is the video card issue that only allows me to use Nvidia cards, I have tried changing the PSU several times, and used a variety of ATI to test including a 9250, 9500, 9800se, 9800pro and x800pro, all of which worked in their own computers but not on this board. Thankfully none of those cards belong to me and so they went back to their respective owners (the x800pro belongs to me but is now in my daughters computer working just fine).

So anyway, what I need to get a hold of is an Nvidia, I am hoping to snag at least a 6800, I borrowed Dyzzi's 6800 for about a week and it REALLY made a huge difference in my systems gaming performance. Source FPS went from 17-45 fps to 65-120 pretty consistently so I am quite confident that as long as I can grab at least that model card I will be satisfied for a while, until I can budget something to upgrade overall, some of the 939 Mobo's are looking pretty cheap these days, so who knows, maybe I'll be able to budget a few dollars and get a different motherboard altogether and still use the rest of my hardware on a newer/better mobo.

Apparently this mobo was goofy from the day it was released and ABIT has not been supportive, I have found tons of forum threads indicationg various problems such as mine and nobody has gotten any help from ABIT, which surprises me since ABIT supposedly has a good reputation in such matters, guess they realized this board was bunk from the get-go and they decided to just forget about it completely.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:03 am

well i just got banned from my favorite cod4 server. dammit. i wish i could tolerate poor admins but they just set me off. the admins on the server have a tendency to stack the teams really bad. since i always auto pick i get stuck on the shitty teams most times. so i kindly asked a player to switch (who just happened to be the server owner) and he goes off on me. i replied in kind. he bans me. sigh. if this was a just world, i would meet that fucker in real life so i could pound his stupid face in. and i'm not a violent man.

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:59 pm

I've been playing on the [OUTLAW] Dallas server.. Its the only decent non-punkbuster server i've found. there's some known issue with punkbuster and linksys routers so it won't let me connect to any punkbuster servers.. it really sucks cause cheating is rampant on just about any server i've been on.. but at least this one has active admin on most all the time..

Mahony

Postby Mahony on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:31 pm

Been thinking on reactivating my WoW account. Just not sure.
Probably gonna try that conan online game when it hits though

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:10 pm

Mahony wrote:Been thinking on reactivating my WoW account. Just not sure.
Probably gonna try that conan online game when it hits though

as crazy as it sounds for me to say that conan game actually has my attention. and i HATE mmos.

Alki
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Alki on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 pm

glitch wrote:I've been playing on the [OUTLAW] Dallas server.. Its the only decent non-punkbuster server i've found. there's some known issue with punkbuster and linksys routers so it won't let me connect to any punkbuster servers.. it really sucks cause cheating is rampant on just about any server i've been on.. but at least this one has active admin on most all the time..

Whats the IP?

buzz wrote:We should get a server going again! =O

Where can I donate? Can we realy get enough people interested to make it happen.

Next

Return to Counter-Strike