The game that started it all
-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Community Update...

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:14 pm

what a crock of shit... haha

took them that long to try to be a bit like xfire

what is up with the menu man when i bring up my friends list they put a huge space for a picture so now to look through my list it takes like 2 days

JaKe

Re: Steam Community Update...

Postby JaKe on Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:02 am

They tried to copy everyone they could think of.... they got more like xfire with the popups, and they gave you a myspace page while they were at it! Personally I think the update is lame, if I wanted something like xfire... I'd use xfire, quit popping up while I'm trying to play! And also, if you hit shift+tab it pulls up a menu, which is ridiculous, how am I supposed to walk and look at the menu at the same time!?!?!?!?!?

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:47 am

I think they're in league with M$, it's like a competition to see who can create the most chaotic piece of software with the most annoying extra bunch of advertising shit they can think of.
I am soooooo sick of shit with stupid pop-ups to advertise a bunch of other shit, it's ridiculous. I understood commercials back in the day when didn't have cable, and TV was free so the ad sponsors paid for air time which paid for the programming. These days it's just retarded, we PAY for TV and Internet, we pay for these games, and yet we still have to deal with the commercials, really lame and annoying.
For the first year I loved x-fire, it worked great, was small and took very little resources away from your rig, and it was awesome that it worked with virtually any game, but even they gave way and now x-fire is bloated to hell and back, like every other piece of software out there. Nvidia can't even give you a normal driver anymore, oh no, now you have to use this moronic web-interfaced shit to change settings on your video card, you can't use an instant messenger without shitloads of stupid little flash ads running, it's unbelievable.
Do they really think advertising works THAT well? Is anyone really motivated to buy something because of this garbage? I know I am not influenced to make a purchase because an advertisement tells me it's a good product, maybe it's just me, but I wonder are people really that gullible?
What ever happened to just buying the game and playing it without all the extra crap? Can you even get a game anymore that DOESN'T have all that shit with it?

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:14 am

amen! hehe

omg in Insurgency you run with shift that was pissing me off i had to change the binding only to find out thats the only way to see what your friends are playing because of course they took a way the old simple list! dumb shits

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:48 pm

This post brought to you by Crest:
[ img ]

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:13 pm

i don't mind it so far. of course, i have no clue how to work any of the new stuff.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:39 pm

haha phy created a group for us, we're gay now! hehe

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:12 am

lol @ Droog