Postby HangOver on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:14 am

it's a game ...

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Insurgency Mod

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:03 am

i played it and that has to be my biggest problem with it

i mean yeah its realistic but that is a real turn off, you get in and have no fucking clue where to go whatsoever other then the compass thing which is whack because
you die if someone even looks at you wrong, so while you are going towards the sign on the compass you have no clue where the fire will be coming from so your just
a headless chicken running around

also the classes are completly pointless, all they need to do is give you a choice of weapon which is the only thing you really do with classes

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:13 am

hands down the best thing is the main screen when you load, shit looks tight, might switch my cs one for it heh

also the maps are pretty damn good

man i wish someone would remake ET as is for the source engine with more real looking models, thats all i ask hehe

i know ET Quake Wars is coming out but i'm afraid thats more like battlefield, vehicles change everything

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:26 pm

i just played a solid 2 hours. i really like this game. it has a few tiny issues that keep it from being great, but the combat is fucking outstanding. i love being the commander. especially when people actually listen. it's very well done.

[Creep]-Tyrant

Postby [Creep]-Tyrant on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:23 am

Tried it last night around 1:00 am, just got done playing at 10:25 am, lol
very addicting, I like it.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:57 am

yeah it's awesome. i never thought i'd say it, but i like it better than cs. the only online combat that compares is CoD and that's because they are basically the same formula. if they want to keep more players, they need to set the respawn time around 10 seconds. it will keep the matches moving, and i think it would help prevent the NASTY spawn camping that goes on. aside from the spawn camping and piss poor collision detection, the game is pretty sweet. i hope they introduce the ability for the classes to actually DO stuff soon.

ShooTza

Postby ShooTza on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:43 pm

Still beta... hopefully it will improve...

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:50 am

any one read up on what they plan to do? like if the classes will be like ET where the engie makes a command center (basically just a radio station type thing or some communications thing) and that makes the respawn time lower, and they can call air strikes and that kind of shit

don't know if it would fit because of the realism factor but it seems that the classes are going to waste hehe

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:54 am

i think they must be planning something with the classes. when i play as the medic, when someone gets hurt, my radar shows a little blood drop symbol. so i'm guessing at some point the medic will be able to heal people.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:33 pm

thats very rare that you get hurt, you usually just die hehe

maybe if people broke their legs like in "Firearms" mod from back in the day, like if you jump from up high it would break your leg and so it had to be braced, and if
you got hit you could apply bandages to stop the bleeding since in that game you kept bleeding after you got hit. They sould also set up a hospice so you knew where to run to to get health

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:43 pm

well i know if you press Z you bandage yourself. it doesn't appear to actually DO anything, but the dude puts his gun away while he's doing it.

JaKe

Postby JaKe on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:50 am

-wicked-toon-X wrote:thats very rare that you get hurt, you usually just die hehe

maybe if people broke their legs like in "Firearms" mod from back in the day, like if you jump from up high it would break your leg and so it had to be braced, and if
you got hit you could apply bandages to stop the bleeding since in that game you kept bleeding after you got hit. They sould also set up a hospice so you knew where to run to to get health

wow, firearms... i remember that. and yes, that alone was worthy of a post because it was kind of fun!

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:47 am

firearms was pretty damn fun hehe

zel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby zel on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:56 am

I liked firearms better than this one :P then again I loved firearms, akimbo uzis and a mp5sd. I don't think i'll be able to enjoy this mod till i upgrade my PC tho, i have to turn the settings down so low it makes me want to end the session immediately O.o

sentenced

Postby sentenced on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:45 pm

well beta 2 is now out , heres wat blows in wat used to be a awosome game... the ak has way to big of a spread and recoil, the guns u pick u dont even get , u still have no idea ware ur shot from but thats ok right i mean hell u dont die in 1 more shot anymore :( -_- wares the realism thats wat made the game gr8 ..welcome back to css any1 up for dust2? lol i mean geeze it was pritty decent the guns and the shooting style now it seems they made the game worse with the new beta 2... and omg has any1 used the new sniper..can we say pointless i mean ok lets see the scope is so small ud be lucky to hit and elephent and know wat your shooting at and not only is it small u cant see out of it..why you ask ? well didnt any1 tell you they added a bullet drop thingy in the middle of the scope so god for bid u need to see wat ur shooting at ..you cant..hahahaa well gl with useing that gun..personally i just say spray it up :)

the only good things is that things make a bit more sence and u atleast know ware to go now with the letters in the midle of the map , the intro is cool and the music is hott just wish they didnt change so much and make it like css

PreviousNext

Return to Counter-Strike