vote

The game that started it all
Phyrez

Postby Phyrez on Thu May 03, 2007 1:55 pm

I've become much more used to source, when I go back to 1.6, all I can think of is "This is exactly like source, but not as pretty"

Scheduling is a good idea. Tues and Thurs nights are good for me. (Fridays are fine as well, I have no life =(

Azriel

Postby Azriel on Thu May 03, 2007 2:16 pm

1.6 is not exactly like source. 1.6 is the gameplay without the looks, source is the looks without the gameplay.

Im tempted to start playing source for a little while, join a cal team, and go cal-i......just to prove a point.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Thu May 03, 2007 2:39 pm

by all means, prove your point. but i was very good at reg cs and i think source is pretty much the same game. sure there are little differences but it's still cs. only a HELL of a lot better to look at.

Audric

Postby Audric on Thu May 03, 2007 4:26 pm

Azriel wrote:1.6 is not exactly like source. 1.6 is the gameplay without the looks, source is the looks without the gameplay.

Im tempted to start playing source for a little while, join a cal team, and go cal-i......just to prove a point.

No offense, but get off the fuckin bandwagon. People have been saying this since source came out, we know what camp you're in so stop spamming it. Fact is, graphics matters a great deal. If gameplay was the only thing that mattered they would repackage Total Annihilation or Starcraft instead of making new RTS's, you can make a case for any genre.

Also, after what, over 7 years of original cs it might just be time to let it go and move forward with gaming...

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Thu May 03, 2007 5:27 pm

thanks audric, it needed to be said. I got my 10,000 hours of CS under my belt and yeah maybe there is a slight difference with bullet mechanics, one that i can barely notice, but um guess what, its the same for everyone. its not like he has twice the chance to get a headshot as you. if 1.7 came out and they changed the bullet mechanics...guess what you'd adapt, cause were all still playing the same game, with the same bullets. dont tell me you threw a fit insisted to only play the older versions when they changed bunnyhopping to slow you down or something, or the last time bullet mechanics changed back in beta.

Audric wrote:
Azriel wrote:1.6 is not exactly like source. 1.6 is the gameplay without the looks, source is the looks without the gameplay.

No offense, but get off the fuckin bandwagon. People have been saying this since source came out, we know what camp you're in so stop spamming it. Fact is, graphics matters a great deal. If gameplay was the only thing that mattered they would repackage Total Annihilation or Starcraft instead of making new RTS's, you can make a case for any genre.

Also, after what, over 7 years of original cs it might just be time to let it go and move forward with gaming...

Tiberian_Son
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Tiberian_Son on Thu May 03, 2007 6:23 pm

The funniest part of the whole 1.6 > CSS crap is that every time a new verison came out people said the same thing. Oh noes, 1.1 ruined it, go back to 1.0! Wtf, 1.3 ruined it, go back to 1.1! And retail? God help you if you remember the shitstorm that happened when retail came out.

Azriel

Postby Azriel on Thu May 03, 2007 9:42 pm

keep the server as source, i said it didnt matter to me. The ONLY reason i braught this up again is because some people seemed interested in one of the other threads and i wanted to see if more people agreed.

**Thread over**

Cane

Postby Cane on Thu May 03, 2007 10:30 pm

If you got off your ass and do what I do, you'd have no problem with the server playing. I go in, get on xfire/steam friends and invite everyone I know. Within no time, I have a 4v8 and people from all over start to come in slowly.

I'm also working on another community that doesn't play CS:S to start, and to play on our server. Would like to see some other people do the same thing.

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Fri May 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Cane wrote:If you got off your ass and do what I do, you'd have no problem with the server playing. I go in, get on xfire/steam friends and invite everyone I know. Within no time, I have a 4v8 and people from all over start to come in slowly.

I'm also working on another community that doesn't play CS:S to start, and to play on our server. Would like to see some other people do the same thing.

i've been getting people from another forum i go to ... but they are fickle bitches and when they join and there's only 2 or 3 ppl playing, they leave. or they say 'custom maps sucks' and quit.

Cane

Postby Cane on Fri May 04, 2007 2:37 pm

Well these players I'm trying to get are wanting to get involved in CAL, and since we have CAL maps, I don't foresee a problem.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Fri May 04, 2007 7:43 pm

from a player that plays to have fun and doesn't really care about much else

source is just nicer to play, i dont' care about hitbox, power of the guns, blah
blah, that was back when i used to care, now its just for fun

Previous

Return to Counter-Strike