the bots might need to go

The game that started it all
phr33k

the bots might need to go

Postby phr33k on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:42 am

i think the population in the server would do better. i mean if someone sees 6/20 and its all humans.

They don't know the difference from 6/20 it usually says with the bots playing so they just don't bother to look any further...

we were getting some players when tyrant was always on.. but should do fine without the bots again soon.

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:35 am

How do you figure?

If the bots are in, it gives players something to do while waiting for other people. I'm sure as shit not gonna run around stabbing walls for thirty minutes while waiting.

Besides if they see 6/20 at least they'll hop in...if it's 0/20 you can rest assured that nobody is gonna join.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:22 am

im not sure which side i agree with, i agree that with 1/20 your more likely to get a human to join, but with bots your less bored waiting for them. I'm inclined to say no bots, i found people joined preety quick when i went and waited for them before

phr33k

Postby phr33k on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:54 am

and that was were i was going... when ppl know its someone human and probably someone they know there more inclined to join ... instead of boring bots.. i admit its nice to have something to do... but like sparty says it works well without them

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 am

i'm split too, but it doesn't seem to improve our stats either way

if our own people won't play nobody will

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:10 pm

I want to stress that we ALL should really be using xifre. I usually see if people are playing on the server by looking on the friends list, but if you don't have xfire on, I can't tell as easily. Plus, if there is no one on the server BUT there are a sizable amount of people at their computers using xfire, I will often join and tell others too also. BUT if you don't have xfire on, I don't see that you are available. (This means you, toon and buzz)

I'm serious, xfire is great. If I join a random server, sometimes xfire friends will even follow me. Or I can tell others in different servers to come join wickednet. I remember a few times we had 3 or 4 regs follow someone who joined a random server, and we were able to say "hey we got enough to get our server going", so we hopped over into ours. It's a level of cohesion for us, and I would feel disconnected from the server and other wickednet regs without it.

As far as the bots, I vote they go. I thought they would be good for getting people into the server because than the server wouldn't say 0/20. But it did seem that we had better traffic before the bots.

Also, I like to monitor the server and join when I see real people join, but you can't tell by just looking how full the server is; the server just always says 6/20.

As far as the gungame, I dont know if it would help out the server or not, but I'm getting sick of it. Don't get me wrong, I like GG, but 1v1 or 1v2 in a gungame is not that fun to me. But maybe it would help out the server, so perhaps that is a bit of a catch-22.

There is this one GG server I go on every once in a while when no one's on wickednet. I swear maybe 8 months ago they were just starting to work on a second server, and now they have maybe 9 (I'm not sure, maybe more). It is ridiculous to me how fast they grew.

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:27 pm

I hate [wB]Wade. So blatant with the hax.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:41 pm

haha droogan its ok i've given up i'll just play with bots

oh and mojo about the xfire thing, i would run it but the machine i play on doesn't
run well as it is without me adding more crap for it to run, i just usually try
the list on steam, which doesn't help as much since it doesn't include poeple
playing other games but whatever its already running

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:43 pm

oh by the way we've gone bellow the 100 connection average, and in a few days
when those two big spike days go it'll really go down ;*(

Cane

Postby Cane on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:37 pm

I'm in agreement with the bots to a degree....I don't think adding just one would be bad to keep those bored souls with at least doing 1v1, if at all.

I was totally for the bots when they first came, but they don't seem to drag in the crowds I thought they would either.

What mojo says about people following and whatnot is true, Alki and Phr33k follow me into other servers all the time, and once we're bored or fed up with the server (which can take 1 minute or an hour) we hop over to Wickednet and other people join.

Is the GW forums still up? Can we post there about our source server? I've tried "recruiting" people into our servers, but people seem to hate that when you go into their server and recruit their community...so gotta keep that on a tight watch. Heh.

MaDSpartus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby MaDSpartus on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:14 pm

i wish i could play more guys, its the last year of my undergrad and i got projects++

gimme a couple weeks

PCMILPH

Postby PCMILPH on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 am

holy hell tai posted

phr33k

Postby phr33k on Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 pm

take off all those DAMNED Bots... plz

Router

Postby Router on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:00 pm

At least the retarded ones! I mean I watched one of them walk around while the other one sat in a room till the timer ran out Last night!

KhanDragon

:( Bots :(

Postby KhanDragon on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:45 pm

Let me add my 2 cents in and say I agree with loosing the bots.. if anything maybe leave ONE in for those who caint wait for someone to join, with 2 teams of bots there are the maps that (like now as I post) have them stupidly standing there and not doing anything so the map never ends :( ...and there are a lot of people who see bots (plural) in the server and bypass, like myself because the AI on them sux baaaad (accurate ID10ts are no fun to play against)...

KhanDragon
K[;)

p.s. if it hasn't already been pushed, can someone bump the server to get the map to change pls :)

Next

Return to Counter-Strike