-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:29 pm

at this point i'm about to give up on the server to tell you guys the truth

was thinking of doing cal and cpl maps only because i've noticed that people
will join the server during those maps and than leave when dust comes or
one of the other maps nobody seems to like anymore

but to tell you the truth i don't think its any of those things, in order to have people
come and play there has to be poeple playing if nobody will join, i know for a fact
that nights when i go over to buzz's house we get alot more people than when
i don't simply because me and him will sit in there playing by ourselves and
telling people on our list to join, its like pulling teeth to get our own people
to join, so i mean we can get that rotation on our server but what will get
someone to try our server at all if all there ever is in there is bots?

i was going to ask mikerambot what a good rotation would be that would attract some really good players

since he's into playing more serious cs

but unless we play in it it'll just sit there on its own

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:36 pm

a few other notes

1. most of those servers have a following and their own community
2. back in the day we could have put anything and people would have played it.
3. souce kills #1 is the shit.
4. if we ever take down the server we should just agree on a server go to
go play and take it over ;D haha
5. we are kind of new at this all over again, times have changed, aztec used
to be so popular along with dust now they are shit maps, especially to those
that like to play serious cs, since those maps don't play very well.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 pm

I agree that the regular old maps are crap. It seems like the some of the most popular servers are specialized meaning they do ONLY custom maps or ONLY CAL/CPL maps .. or, ONLY gungame, awp, etc..

Honestly, I think the server will pick up if we switch to GG only and do regular CS occasionally. I would like to have a HUGE GG rotation though, some of these maps go by too fast and you've done a complete rotation in an hour or so..

Personally, I like gungame.. I think it's a pretty cool concept and a nice twist to the game but I get sick of it after a little while.. Also, if there's only a couple people on the server, its pointless.

I've put in my time, I can't keep doing these 4-5+ hour shifts to keep the server active, I don't like the game enough for that.. Papa needs some help!

-PC-Taishar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -PC-Taishar on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:19 pm

I've been hopping in for awhile every day. I get raped by the bots for about 10-30 rounds then I leave if nobody shows up. I'm with you buzz I really like GG but after maybe 5 maps of it, I want to go back to regular cs.

I want to play cs_siege again.

glitch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glitch on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:30 pm

if you go GG full time go to SourceKills #4 and get the rotation they have, it kicks ass..

LagginTimes

Postby LagginTimes on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:44 pm

Yo Zoo. I've only been hitting up some bots with [GWR]ShotUrNutz sometimes on CZ when we're bored. I haven't pubbed for a few years. :? Some of us still idle on IRC all the time.

-Phatz-
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -Phatz- on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:01 am

im telling u guys goto East Coast Gaurdians Server

66.199.247.99:27015

1. Map vote plug in
2. maps they run, port,loch,westwood and a bunch more.
3.Get the plug in they have for hits and how much dmg u did and took

they have new people going there there all the time cause of the maps

they put on westwood with 10vs 10 by the end of the map its 15vs15 for some odd reason and its a small rush map lol

Gungame is a bunch of regs on admin choice thing dont put Gungame on full time cause it gets old quick not something that should be on with out admins around to take it off

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:19 am

-Phatz- wrote:im telling u guys goto East Coast Gaurdians Server

66.199.247.99:27015

1. Map vote plug in
3.Get the plug in they have for hits and how much dmg u did and took

they have new people going there there all the time cause of the maps

they put on westwood with 10vs 10 by the end of the map its 15vs15 for some odd reason and its a small rush map lol

Gungame is a bunch of regs on admin choice thing dont put Gungame on full time cause it gets old quick not something that should be on with out admins around to take it off

... ?

-Phatz-
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -Phatz- on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:41 am

hasha im not saying to go there to play just saying to go there and get somewhat of a similar server setup and map roatation

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:27 am

we have that thing you are talking about
just type

settings ;D

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:20 am

-Phatz- wrote:1. Map vote plug in
3. Get the plug in they have for hits and how much dmg u did and took

1- That comes with the admin plugin. I can enable this but I would need to know which maps we should make available. I can make a seperate list of maps for it to use during the vote. The plugin will grab a hand full of random maps from that list.

2- Any maps you'd like to see on the server can be emailed to me at buzz [@] wickednet.org .. If you don't have it, give me names and i'll hunt them down. I'm pretty sure we have port on the server but i'd have to look up the other 2.

3- The damage stats was one of the first things I did. I <3 StatWhores. If you don't see it, type settings in chat. It's the first option. You can turn it off, show the damage stats in chat or a nice gui. I made the nice gui the default but I don't think it stuck. I think the chat-stats is the actual default.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:42 pm

oh phatz, pretty funny i looked at westwood

thats the map i was looking for when i found alivemetal, dont' know if you've
played it but its the same basic thing, i know they are both pretty popular

might have to bust both of them

-Phatz-
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -Phatz- on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:11 pm

yea i wanna get a list of the maps thjey play so i can give it to buzz or maybe get on the comp with buzz one day and send them to him from my map folder

Loch is a really good map also its a DE map, but very well made and very even, t's can tgake control of a bomb site quickly but ct's can come in from couple ways so if not gaurded well ct's can take the room, but not sure how well that map would do with low numbers its really a atleast a 8vs8 or up

i think if we can get some of those maps going in the roatation might see some more people coming thru, i also think that vote 2 or 3 rounds before the next map should be put into play cause that just means even if there isnt a admin around people can still control the map roatation making people come in and stay instead of coming in playing a few maps then leave cause shitty map comes up that only toon likes =P

and get maps like aztec ccble contra and stuff out of roatation only play those when an admin is around and can change it quick if its killing the server

another map to look for is lost temple very good map i think i played it for the first time at a wickednet lan so should be somewhere around here

i think there most popular roatation is something liek this

deltamill
westwood
lost temple
port
loch
urban
alivemetal
dust2
Dust whatever the name is the newer dust

there like 3 or 4 more i cant remember the name of, with some of the oldies also like italy etc but they rarly get picked cause of the vote that comes up 2 mins before the map is over, usally one of the ones i listed gets picked

shoot i got on there one day and oilrig was playing but that was an admin call was a very fun map with the group of people who were on at the time a lot of regulars for them

but all those maps play well and work well for both ct and t, not saying we should only stick to these maps but put them in the roatation take all the werid maps we got on roatation off for now get some of these in with the map vote plug in they have, not the rock the vote one we have now

and see what happens its possible we start to get some people coming in even with out admins around and some of regs with no admin control can come in and maybe get some people comeing thru, like tai playing by himself on some weird map nobody knows lol

it would be sweet if we could get wickednet server to take off again but it aint gonnahappen with the setup now, maps control the community we need to get some more newer regs going again and then after that then maybe put some stuff into the vote list like contra etc

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:36 pm

i told you hoes deltamill was a good map ;D

we have played most of those maps on our map nights, we just haven't added
them to rotation

contra is a good map, i don't care what you say!

that rotation seems like a fun map rotation, but has none of the serious maps?

no cpl or cal maps ?

-Phatz-
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -Phatz- on Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:17 am

well lost temple is fairlu series as is loch, um they have cpl mill but doesnt come up often on votes just luck of the draw i guess

dust_pcg or whatever is also fairly serious

go look at the list i put in the other thread these were the ones i remember from memory thats the actual list

PreviousNext

Return to Counter-Strike