Server Updates + Additions

The game that started it all
buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Server Updates + Additions

Postby buzz on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:11 am

I haven't posted about whats new on the server in a while and figured it's about time..

[ img ] Owned Stats - Just a cute little script that keeps tabs of who 'owns' you (who's killed you the most). Type !owned in stats ..
[ img ] Statsmemin / Metamod was taken out. This was the plugin that gave you the cool popup that showed you all your kills and stuff when you die. I enabled the one from manimod which basicly does the same thing. The advantage to this is that you have the options to change it to text only or not show at all (type settings in chat). Also, not having the statsmemin and metamod plugins should lower server overhead and improve game play- hopefully.
[ img ] Betting and Bounty was enabled. Well, bounty is old but I turned betting on. I've had mixed reviews abuot it but I don't see it being a problem so far - maybe cuz not alot of people know about it. I think it gives people doing real bad a chance. The max bet is all your money so if you're doing bad, it's not that much ..
[ img ] Stats was updated to the latest version. You'll notice alot more awards then before. Also, i'm working on a plugin so you can check your ranks and top10 ingame directly from that database instead of having 2 databases with different stats. I'm having db connection problems which hopefully ill resolve soon.
[ img ] In case you haven't noticed, the map rotation was finally revamped. Some regular maps were taken out and a few custom maps were put in and the order was all changed around. The custom maps put in are official CPL/CAL maps so they're pretty popular in their own right. The maps are very well done and seem to do well on the server. Check out the new rotation in the MAPS! thread.
[ img ] End Map Sounds - like gungame. The guy that created gungame created this just for us. At the end of the map, during the "chat time", it'll play a random tune.

PS- You people don't play enough.
Last edited by buzz on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:17 am

oh, also .. there was a steam update (grumble grumble grumble)..

steampowered.com wrote:Improved multiplayer voice communication, now using a much clearer codec

First release of a completely reworked in game text chat to which now includes a chat history and a filter to only see important chat messages

Fixed not being able to use sounds, decals or models if they were downloaded from the server

The chat thing is unnecessary. I use the console if I have to go back although I do like the smaller font.

The mic thing is a big improvement. People sound real sexy now like they added a Barry White filter. Playing with Router and Phyrez last night was the best ;) heheh

I like the sounds, decals, models download fix simply because before, if you downloaded one of the custom sounds, it wouldn't work until you left the game and came back. Now it works right off the bat. It's like someone at steam was mad because players couldn't hear "I need your love like I never needed love before" right away..

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:58 pm

Cool. Ima play more.

-wicked-toon-X
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby -wicked-toon-X on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:05 pm

seriously me and buzz need some company haha

Azriel

Postby Azriel on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:15 pm

i guess i can drop in and own you guys every now and then.

w4rrior

Postby w4rrior on Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:33 am

i also noticed that you added bots to the server. nice. now i can pwn non humans too! :)

-Phatz-
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby -Phatz- on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:56 am

heh everytime i look at the server it 0/20 , even joined a few times to see if the term JOIN AND THEY WILL COME would of worked lol

HangOver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby HangOver on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:10 am

joel i usually have luck around 8-10pm with ppl playing.

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:14 am

Yeah, the bot thing is something I'm testing out ... As much as I hate the damn bots, i'm always up for trying new things.

Right now, there's 6 bots on "normal" skill. As people join, the bots will leave keeping it even .. The bots get kicked when gungame is activated because they don't behave well with a few of the custom maps plus no free upgrades!

Cane

Postby Cane on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:38 pm

The Bots seems like a solid way to keep someone occupied until some more people come along, so I like it :)

Also, 7-11 seems like the "hot times" to join the server on the weekdays. Try smacking Buzz or Toon on steam to get on, or use Xfire and pester those online, usually works to get at least one person in there.

awp-killer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby awp-killer on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:37 pm

Can we not play the alvin and the chipmunks techo song after every round? After every map would be okay, but it gets annoying hearing it play 20+ times per map

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:43 pm

The heck are you talking about? I didn't add any alvin tunes ..

phr33k

Postby phr33k on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:16 pm

he's saying after every round theres and audio song.. and its annoying as all hell....
so that needs to go or make sure its only at the end of the map..

[GWR]Droogan

Postby [GWR]Droogan on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:41 pm

I thought it was only at the end of a map?

buzz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby buzz on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:44 pm

It is but it looks like the script went nuts... I removed it for now.

Next

Return to Counter-Strike